The service provides specialist assessment and management of adult patients who present with speech, language, communication, voice and swallowing disorders resulting from:
• Progressive neurological disorders e.g. Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease
• Head Injury
• Brain tumour
• Head and Neck Cancer
• other cancers
• voice disorders
• gender dysphoria
• Mental Health (East and North Hertfordshire)
The disorders assessed and treated by SLT are:
• Dysphagia (swallowing disorders)
• Aphasia (acquired language disorder)
• Dysarthria (speech disorder)
• Dyspraxia (speech disorder)
• Dysphonia (voice disorder)
• Dysfluency (stammer/stutter)
We accept referrals from health care professionals, via single point of access.
Referral email address: CLCHT.SPA.Referral@nhs.net.
You can contact the team via the team administrator in the community neuro rehabilitation service.
Telephone: 020 8102 3879
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 5pm.
Clients are seen in their homes and in other locations in their local community where appropriate.
Monday to Friday, 9am - 7pm.
Referral email: email@example.com
Contact number: 03000 200 656