The adult speech and language therapy team assess, diagnose and provide goal directed-intervention for adults with speech, language, communication and/or swallowing difficulties resulting from acquired neurological or progressive neurological conditions. This could include conditions such as stroke, or multiple sclerosis.
The service provides specialist assessment and management of adult patients who present with speech, language, communication, voice and swallowing disorders resulting from:
- Progressive neurological disorders e.g. Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease
- Head Injury
- Brain tumour
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Other cancers
- Voice disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Mental Health (East and North Hertfordshire)
The disorders assessed and treated by SLT are:
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorders)
- Aphasia (acquired language disorder)
- Dysarthria (speech disorder)
- Dyspraxia (speech disorder)
- Dysphonia (voice disorder)
- Dysfluency (stammer/stutter)
We accept referrals from health care professionals, via single point of access.
- Referral email address: CLCHT.SPA.Referral@nhs.net
- Anyone 16 years of age and above
- Acquired or progressive neurological conditions resulting in communication or swallowing difficulties.
- We provide assessment and advice for clients with swallowing difficulties who present with respiratory difficulties on a case by case basis
- Registered with a GP or living in the boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, or Westminster
You can contact the team via the team administrator in the community neuro rehabilitation service.
- Telephone: 020 8102 3879
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5pm.
Clients are seen in their homes and in other locations in their local community where appropriate.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm.