This page provides referral information for our Hertfordshire community services.
Podiatry (West Hertfordshire)
Our podiatry team provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment of disease and conditions affecting the foot and lower limb.
Treatments are focused on relieving symptoms, improving function, disease prevention, and maintaining independence and well-being.
We see people who are having problems with their feet and we provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment of disease and conditions affecting the foot and lower limb.
We provide a range of foot health related services including:
- screening and treatment of at-risk patients
- chronic and acute ulcer management (non-diabetic patients only)
- orthotic and insole prescription and manufacture for feet
- nail surgery, including diabetic patients
- removal of corns, and other soft tissue lesions for high-risk patients
- health promotion, education and advice
- maintenance care for chronic and irreversible foot problems for high-risk patients.
The Podiatry service is unable to provide treatment if:
- Basic footcare/nail cutting required. To find a private HCPC registered podiatrist, visit the Royal College of Podiatry website.
- Medical condition is not connected to the risk of serious foot health complications
- Treatment requested that is only available to higher risk patients, e.g. thickened nail, corns/callus or general foot pain
- Verrucae treatment
- GP practice is not one covered by the service.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0300 020 0656
- For referrals, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 03000 200 656
Respiratory service (West Hertfordshire)
Our West Hertfordshire respiratory service accept referrals from GPs, hospital consultants and community healthcare professionals.
Once patients are known to us they can self-refer back to the service during exacerbations or when they require advice and support.
Patients being referred must be living, or registered with a GP, in West Hertfordshire (Dacorum, Hertsmere, St Albans and Harpenden and Watford and Three Rivers localities).
Patients can be referred to the West Hertfordshire community respiratory service using Choose and Book or by completing and submitting a referral form via email: email@example.com or fax: 0300 008 3133.
- Phone office: 0300 020 0656
- Advice line: 07944 960825
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For clinic information, please visit the Hertfordshire sexual health website.
Referrers can contact the sexual health Hertfordshire single point of access (SPA) team on:
- Phone: 0300 008 5522
The central number for the district nursing service is 03000 200 656. The district nursing option is option 1.
In order to refer patients to Sexual Health Hertfordshire, you can send patients along to any of our Walk-In Clinics with or without a letter, or you can send a letter to one of our four main hubs:
1st Floor, The Annexe,
Watford Town Hall,
Southgate Health Centre,
Call SPA on 0300 008 5522
|Referrers can contact the Sexual Health Hertfordshire single point of access (SPA).|
From the 25th January 2021 the CLCH Long Covid Assessment Service will be open to referrals from Primary Care
What the service will provide:
Long Covid is defined by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) as, ‘signs and symptoms that develop during or following an infection consistent with COVID-19 which continue for more than 12 weeks and are not explained by an alternative diagnosis’.
THE CLCH Long COVID Assessment Service will virtually assess and triage patients with Long Covid symptoms, ensuring they are rapidly signposted or referred directly onwards to the appropriate intervention, service or specialist clinic to meet their needs.
- Aged over 18
- Patients who have suspected post-Covid syndrome at 12 week post Covid-19 diagnosis
- Symptoms must be recent and related to post-Covid syndrome and the patient must have a decrease in their function that is not related to pre-covid diagnosis conditions
- Alternative diagnosis/ causes of symptoms fully investigated for suspected Covid-19, to eliminate other causes, prior to referral. It is very important that prior to referral of a patient to the service that GPs explore and exclude differential diagnoses using the usual access to imaging, pathology etc.
- Referrals will be made via the CLCH Long COVID Service referral form avialable on DXS.
CLCH Service Offer:
- Holistic virtual screen of patients
- Onward referral to relevant community services
- Referral and support to the virtual app “Your Covid Recovery Programme”
- Sign posting to Your Covid Recovery self-management booklet
- 4 week review and 6 week discharge consultation
Please note for patients with mild symptoms:
Many people with Long Covid will experience only mild symptoms such as a general loss of wellbeing or a manageable level of ongoing fatigue. Their needs are best met via the self-help route and there are several resources people can use to aid their own recovery. The Your Covid Recovery website https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/ contains general information on all aspects of recovering from COVID-19 including physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing.
If you have any further queries please contact Sarah Camplin, Commissioning Manager on email@example.com