Equal opportunities, equality and diversity
We are committed to having transparent, fair and equitable recruitment and selection processes in place and to ensuring that these are sufficiently robust to make sure that the employees we recruit are trustworthy and reliable.
All of our managers involved in recruitment undertake training to ensure we have an open and transparent recruitment process.
We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people and members of our black and minority ethnic communities.
We have been accredited as a disability confident committed employer and are part of the Stonewall Diversity Champion Scheme to demonstrate our commitment to inclusive employment practices and service delivery for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff and service users.
What commitments do employers make?
Employers who use the symbol have agreed with Jobcentre Plus that they will take action on these five commitments:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.
- To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- Each year to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.
If you have any questions about recruitment or employment opportunities, contact our recruitment team.