We take a holistic, compassionate approach to improving quality of life for our patients and those close to them.
At Pembridge we provide holistic palliative care for people who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness. This means we consider the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of our patients and the people close to them.
- Healthcare Assistants
- Spiritual Care Advisor
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Complementary Therapists
Our strong multi-disciplinary team work together to coordinate care at the hospice and at home, depending on individual needs.
The Pembridge Hospice team continue to provide the highest standard of care to people with a life-limiting illness at this challenging time, while also prioritising the safeguarding of patients, the people close to them and our staff.
Below is an update on our services and measures put in place to date:
- The community specialist palliative care team continue to offer a 7 day a week service running 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank holidays. The community team are prioritising patients with uncontrolled complex symptoms that have not responded to previous treatments, and actively dying patients with no previous plan of care in place.
- Day hospice and patient attendances to the hospice are suspended. Patients known to the service are receiving telephone advice and support from the clinical team.
- The social work and bereavement team have suspended visiting and outpatient sessions. They continue to operate, receiving new referrals and providing telephone advice and support.
- The Pembridge teams will move to video conferencing services where possible over the coming weeks to further support patient care and limit face to face meetings.
- All volunteering with the service has been suspended.
- The hospice inpatient unit remains closed to admissions.
Each month the Pembridge palliative care service, provided by Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust, provides holistic care for people who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness.
This is delivered via its three main services; the Pembridge community palliative care team ( who see patients in their own homes), the Pembridge day hospice ( which offers treatment, support and complementary therapies for those who are well enough to visit) and the Pembridge bereavement counselling service.
The service is also complemented by a 24 hour advice line run by a nurse and specialist consultant offering end of life care advice for families, patients and other health care professionals. The In-patient unit was suspended in October 2018 due to the unavailability of a lead consultant.
CLCH is currently working with its NHS partners to ensure that the services at Pembridge meet the needs of the local population.
Patients are referred to Pembridge Hospice by health or social care professionals. We accept referrals for patients with GPs based in the following CCG areas: Brent, Central London, Hammersmith and Fulham & West London.
Referrals will be processed via the CLCH Single Point of Access Service (SPA) during working hours of Monday to Friday, 9am – 4:30pm. Any referrals sent outside of this time period will be processed on the next working day.
For ALL urgent referrals, both in and out of working hours, please also call Pembridge (as per current process) on the 24 hour number: 020 8102 5000 so the referral can be dealt with promptly.
The new referral process is for following services:
- Palliative Community,
- Pembridge Palliative Bereavement, Social Work and pastoral services,
- Pembridge Bedded Hospice
- Pembridge Day Hospice
Referrals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or E-faxed on: 0300 008 3251
With your help, our caring staff can relieve pain, anxiety and loneliness for people with a life-limiting illness.
By donating, volunteering or fundraising for the hospice, you are helping our patients to live their life to the fullest.
There are three main teams at Pembridge who all work together:
13 beds with a team providing 24-hour care for patients with specialist palliative care needs who require continual assessment.
We provide holistic symptom control, rehabilitation after treatment, respite care and end of life care. Our visitors often tell us that Pembridge feels like a ‘home away from home’ during their stay.
We provide treatment, support and complementary therapies for patients who are able to visit from home.
The day hospice is open four days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) and can accommodate up to 15 patients a day.
Community Specialist Palliative Care Team
Clinical nurse specialists provide advice and support for people in their own homes. The team focus on quality of life and what it means for each person.
They see people at different stages of their illness. From those who have been recently diagnosed to those who are nearing the end of life.