The night district nursing service provide planned overnight and early morning nursing care and rapid response management for patients in their own homes and in residential accommodation.
You can read about the services we provide across London below.
Planned care includes management of enteral feeding, management of non-invasive ventilation and management IV antibiotics therapy – a service which is supported by the OPAT team.
Our rapid response role includes catheter management and diabetic management. Our service aims to prevent hospital admissions.
Our service also provides support and care for palliative care patients allowing them to die at home if home is their preferred place of death. Palliative care patients and their friends and families are able to contact us directly overnight for support, advice or to request for a visit for symptom control.
Our district nursing team in Brent provide you with nursing care if you are:
- over 18 years old
- have a short or long-term condition which makes it difficult for you to leave the house
- find it difficult to access regular healthcare if we did not visit you.
We provide our service five days a week between 08:30 to 17:00, with a reduced service on weekends and out of hours.
If you're under our care, you will have a team of nurses to call regarding your treatment or if you need help and advice. We:
- assess your individual healthcare needs
- discuss and plan your care with you
- provide you with skilled nursing care in your own home
- refer you to other agencies if needed.
Who we see:
We provide you with:
- general nursing care when you are ill
- ongoing nursing care after you have left hospital
- advice on how to live a more healthy life
- advice on continence
- administration of medication
- care for you if you have a long-term condition and complex needs
- palliative and end-of-life care
- assessment for equipment so that we can keep you as independent as possible
- referrals to other health and social care services if you need.
We work very closely with your local GP, and work in partnership with other health and social care professionals.
If you need care at night, please contact our twilight and night nursing services. They are open from 17:00 in the evenings to 08:30 the following day.
Location and contact information
- Telephone: 020 8102 3456
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Routine referrals will come through to the Brent SPA. The SPA will be available from 08:00 to 17:00. Outside of the SPA opening times, please use the SPA number and your call will be routed directly to the clinical teams that operate out of these hours. To contact the SPA, telephone 020 8102 3456 or email email@example.com.
The night district nursing service operates between the hours of 8pm and 8am providing planned nursing care and rapid response management for patients in their own homes and in residential accommodation.
The following services and teams can refer into this service:
- Healthcare professionals including London Ambulance Service (LAS), GPs, hospitals
- Careline and other similar agencies
- Palliative care patients may contact the team directly overnight
Referrer details required
The patient’s NHS number, date of birth, demographic details (including preferred phone number), access, reason for referral and start date.
Patient contact details required:
Name, clinic or agency, phone and email address.
Access to the night district nursing service for the general public is via 111. Please call 111 from a landline if you have one.
111 will triage the calls and will pass patients requiring night district nursing to the night district nursing service either when the service begins at 20:00 or when the call is received during the night. The nurse on duty will then phone the patient and arrange to visit as necessary.
Referrals and updates made prior to 8pm (20:00)
Referrals and updates made prior to 20:00 can be made to our:
- NHS.net account: CLCHT.NightDistrictNursingTeam@nhs.net
- Telephone (leave a voicemail message): 020 8102 5500
Please spell the patient’s name and provide a date of birth or an NHS number to allow us to identify the patient.
Our messages are retrieved at 8pm.
Do not leave a voicemail or send an email after 8pm for a patient who needs to be seen the same night.
Referrals made after 8pm (20:00) for the same night
- Phone: 020 8102 5500 between 8pm and 8.30pm
- Telephone: 111 and we will phone you back
Please do not leave messages after 8pm (20:00) as the referral or update may not be picked up until much later in the night.
Our service provides nursing assessments and care for housebound patients with a variety of healthcare needs from 6.30pm to 7am.
We see patients at home and in residential care settings. The service supports and encourages people with disabilities and long-term conditions to live independent lives.
- Phone: 0333 004 7555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (5pm to 7am): 020 8102 3333
- Email: email@example.com
- Housebound patients
- Over 18 years of age
- Patients with a specific nursing need
- Children under 18 years
- Patients not registered with a Merton GP (Merton only)
St Charles Centre for Health and Wellbeing
- Address: Exmoor St, London W10 6DZ
- Opening times (night nursing service): 8pm and 8am
13th Floor, Civic Centre
- Address: Morden, SM4 5DX
- Opening times (night nursing service): 5pm to 8am