Most wrist and hand problems can normally by managed by your GP, physiotherapist or with self-management strategies.
If you have any of the following symptoms, you should seek medical help more urgently:
- You have had a high impact injury with extreme pain and swelling and think you may have broken a bone. There was a snap, grinding or popping noise at the time of the injury.
- You have extreme pain with swelling without any injury.
- Any part of your hand, wrist or fingers is a funny shape or colour.
- You have lost the feeling of part or all of your hand.
- You can’t move your hand, wrist or fingers properly.