The Hospital and Home team provides a standardised specialist service to prevent admission and enable an earlier discharge of patients hospital into the community requiring ongoing nursing, therapist, and medical care.
It offers a multi-disciplinary triage, assessment, and care intervention for people identified as able to return home but requiring some additional medical monitoring in addition to support from health and/or social care, within the boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth. 24 hr vital sign monitoring is offered via the Central Remote Monitoring Hub which is located at Croydon Health Service NHS Trust.
The multi-disciplinary team provides the following:
- Patient assessment and review
- Investigations: Point of care bloods, US, ECG
- Interventions: IV/IM Antibiotics,Point of Care Testing, ECG’s Oxygen weaning
- Monitoring: Remote monitoring of vital signs (HR, Sp02), weight
- Anticoagulation management
- BM Monitoring and Titration