Our specialist Parkinson’s teams provide care, support and treatment for people living with a confirmed diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.
The Parkinson's Day Unit at Edgware Community Hospital is a dedicated service, providing integrated and specialist care for people with Parkinson's and related disorders.
Our Day Unit can assist anyone with Parkinson's from across the South East of England and includes: integrated multidisciplinary assessment and treatment; regular medical reviews; full Day Assessment to optimise treatment regime; a falls strength and balance group; and the development of a self-management programme.
Our team of healthcare professionals includes:
- Doctors with special interest in Parkinson's
- Parkinson's Disease specialist nurses
- Occupational therapist
- Speech and language therapist
- Health care assistant
- Rehabilitation support worker
Our specialist Parkinson’s team provide care, support and treatment for people living with a confirmed diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders in Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster.
The team includes:
- Movement Disorders consultant with special interest in Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson's Disease clinical nurse specialist
- Neuro Specialist Therapists
- Rehabilitation support workers
The clinic is held twice a month on a Friday at Lisson Grove Health Centre, Gateforth Street, NW8 8EG.
Enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parkinson’s Disease Nurse Specialist
- The Parkinson' disease Nurse Specialist Service provides information, education and support for individuals with diagnosis of Parkinson's disease, Vascular Parkinsons, Dementia Lewy Body, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, Multiple System Atrophy, and other types of parkinsonism.
- The service offers home visits providing holistic nursing assessments including medication review, individualised care plans, meet-ups between consultant appointments and liaison with other health care providers such as GPs, Neurologists, and members of the MDT.
- Referral criteria are a confirmed diagnosis by a specialist consultant and registered with a Westminster GP.
For health care professional please refer via Single point of access (SPA email), self-referrals are also accepted. Please contact:
Parkinson's Disease Nurse Specialist for Westminster
The Merton Community Parkinson’s Service is run by a Parkinson’s nurse specialist, Holly King. Once patients are referred to the service, they are seen throughout their disease journey and regular contact is maintained. This is to ensure any changes in their condition are identified and gives the patients an opportunity to ask questions and raise any concerns they may have. Appropriate care plans can then be formulated in conjunction with the patient, their relatives and the wider multidisciplinary team.
Holly works closely with neurologists from local hospitals and other neuro rehabilitation specialists such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists as well as many other community services to provide holistic, patient centred care.
Home visits are available for patients who have difficulty getting to either of the clinic locations.
Patient contact details
- Phone: 0333 241 4242
Referrals can be made by any healthcare professional, though this must be supported by their GP. The waiting time for the first appointment will be approximately four to six weeks. The clinics are held from Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm by appointment only.
Referrals need to be made via your GP.
How do I refer someone to the Parkinson’s Day Unit at Edgware?
Referrals can be made by email, eFax, letter or completing our referral form (found here):
- Email: email@example.com
- eFax: 0300 008 3169
Parkinson's Day Unit
Lower Ground Floor
Edgware Community Hospital
Burnt Oak Broadway
- Phone: 020 8937 7150
Referral Management Service (Choose & Book)
The Parkinson's Day Unit is also accessible via RMS. Our services appear as two clinics, Parkinson's and Falls.
- Specialty: Neurology
- Clinic Types: Parkinson's Assessment Clinic at ECH (CLCH)
- Runs Mondays to Fridays
- Specialty: Geriatric Medicine
- Clinic Types: Falls/ Frail Elderly Assessment Clinic at ECH (CLCH NHS Trust)
- Runs on Mondays and Wednesdays
Patients referred to the consultant-led clinic must be registered with a Kensington & Chelsea or Westminster GP. Patients referred to the Parkinson’s Disease Nurse Specialist must have a confirmed diagnosis from a consultant and be registered with a Westminster GP.
Referrals can be made by email, phone or letter:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 020 8102 5555
- Letter: Parkinson’s Disease Clinic, Community Neuro Rehab Service, Lisson Grove Health Centre, Gateforth Street, London, NW8 8EG
Referrals can be made by any health care professional by telephoning the Merton Single Point of Access (SPA) team who will guide them through the referral process. A referral letter should be e-faxed and SPA will request this to be sent through to them once they have spoken with the referrer. Patients will be seen within 20 working days of referral being made.
Patients with a formal diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease or a Parkinsonism i.e. Progressive Supranuclear Palsy or Multi System Atrophy.
Patients who have not yet received a formal diagnosis from a neurologist.
Single Point of Access contact details
Phone: 0333 004 7555
Parkinson’s Day Unit
- Address: Lower Ground Floor, Edgware Community Hospital, Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware, HA8 0AD
- Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
The Patrick Doody Clinic
- Address: 79 Pelham Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 1NX
- Opening times: Every Monday morning
The Birches Polyclinic
- Address: 4 Birches Close, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 4LQ
- Opening times: Alternate Thursday mornings
St Charles Centre for Health and Wellbeing
- Address: Exmoor St, London W10 6DZ