Our Occupational Therapists in Brent provide a high quality service to children and young people who:
- have a Brent GP
- have a Brent Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
The team work with children and young people to help them develop the skills they need to be a part of everyday activities (known as occupations) as independently as possible. These activities might include:
- personal care skills, including dressing, toileting, feeding, and brushing teeth
- completing school activities, such as using scissors or using a pencil
- being able to participate in fun leisure activities.
We work in partnership with you and your child, as well as with other people who are important in your child's life, such as their teachers.
Our aim is to support you and your child to be confident in overcoming barriers your child may experience when participating in day to day activities. To do this, we may:
- suggest alternative ways of doing activities
- provide specialist equipment
- provide advice on how you can adapt your environment for your child
- provide advice on learning new approaches.
Our team look after children and young people who have a functional difficulty with self-care, accessing school activities or taking part in leisure activities. This must be as a result of delay or difficulty with:
- limb/fine motor skills
- visual perceptual skills
- sensory processing skills
- motor planning skills
We will also look after children or young people who have a functional difficulty because of:
- developmental coordination disorder
- difficulty with accessing the physical school environment (such as a child who is a wheelchair user).
Please note we do not provide equipment at home.
- Telephone: 020 8102 3456
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Chalkhill Primary Care Centre, 113 Chalk Hill Road, Wembley HA9 9FX
We accept referrals from anyone who has the consent of the child or young person’s parent.
Routine referrals will come through to the Brent SPA. The SPA will be available from 08:00 to 17:00. Outside of the SPA opening times, please use the SPA number and your call will be routed directly to the clinical teams that operate out of these hours. to contact the SPA, telephone 020 8102 3456 or email email@example.com.