Kaleidoscope is a community-based team of nurses, play specialists and carers helping and supporting the families of children and young people with life limiting or life threatening conditions. The team helps support children and families to promote the best quality of life. We provide high-quality, safe and holistic care at home.
We support families in 3 central London Boroughs: Westminster, Hammersmith and Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea.
We provide the link between the families and other services and ensure choice of place of care especially at the end of life.
Our team provides:
- Coordination of services, accessing additional support for families when necessary
- To act as the family’s keyworker
- Provision of play sessions at home
- Care at home providing respite
- Annual party
- Annual information coffee morning
- Annual Memorial Day for bereaved families
- Symptom management support
- Pre and post bereavement support to the parents/carers
- Pre and post bereavement support to siblings
We accept referrals from birth to 18 for anyone with a diagnosis of a life limiting or life threatening condition that falls into one of the four categories below. We also accept antenatal referrals when a life limited or life threatening diagnosis has been made during pregnancy:
- Children with life threatening conditions where cure is possible but can fail, for example cancer.
- Conditions which, though treated intensively over a period, inevitably lead to early death, such as cystic fibrosis.
- Progressive conditions where treatment is palliative and often over many years, for example muscular dystrophy.
- Irreversible but non-progressive conditions giving rise to severe disability and sometimes premature death.
These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please do not hesitate to call us to discuss a referral before sending it across.
Woodfield Road Medical Centre
7E Woodfield Road | London | W9 3XZ
Monday – Friday: 08:00 - 18:00 | 24 hr service available for end of life care
Rebecca Turquet: Nurse Specialist/Lead Nurse | 07721581219
Mojgan Mohammadi: Nurse Specialist | 07876791340