New quality strategy published
We have published our new quality strategy for 2017-2020. The strategy will assist in our ambition to move from a CQC rating of good to outstanding; securing CLCH's place as the best provider of high quality community healthcare in the country by 2020.
As part of the strategy we are developing new quality councils using a 'shared governance' model to empower and enable frontline staff to drive improvements. And we're looking for patient and public representatives to join the councils.
The strategy continues our original three quality campaigns from the previous strategy;
- A positive patient experience - Changing behaviours and care to enhance the experience of our patients and service users.
- Preventing harm - Reducing unwarranted variations in care and increasing diligence in practice.
- Smart effective care - Ensuring patients and service users receive the best evidence-based care, every time.
…and introduces three new ones:
- Modelling the way - Providing world class models of care, education and professional practice.
- Here, happy, healthy and heard - Recruiting and retaining an outstanding clinical workforce.
- Value added care - Using enhanced tools and technologies to manage resources well.