Join our South West London service user group
Are you passionate about the future of your Sexual Health Services? Do you want to shape how services run? If so, we want to hear from you.
- We are currently recruiting members to sit on our Service User Group Forum to help us shape the future of our local NHS Sexual Health Services in Wandsworth, Richmond and Merton
- As a patient representative, service user or someone with an interest in local sexual health services your role will be to attend quarterly User Group meetings and join staff in setting the direction for the work to be done. Having your say, and influencing the way we work, benefits everybody.
What does the role involve?
We would like to invite you to help us to improve sexual health services in south west London. To do this, we are setting up a service user group. Being part of this will give you the opportunity to contribute to discussions about service developments and share what is important to you as service users.
The main focus of the work is to lead improvements in service provision and provide the best possible quality outcomes. Your role will be to attend meetings to bring in the voice and experience of service users to discussions:
- To champion service user interests within sexual health with good practice and advocacy.
- To maintain an overview of local sexual health need from the service users’ perspective.
- To agree priorities from the service users’ perspective ensuring that any service changes are managed and pathways are reviewed with the service users’ interest in mind.
- To support the implementation of best practice, policy and guidance locally.
- To discuss local sexual health matters including approaches to reducing service user barriers to using and attending sexual health services
What is the commitment required?
Meetings will be held on a quarterly basis and will take place at our main site in Clapham Junction once we have relocated – Falcon Road Site, Clapham Junction, SW11 2LN
|Date / time||Location|
|October 3rd 2018 @ 4pm||Balham Health Centre,120-124 Bedford Hill, SW12 9HS|
|January 9th 2019 (TBC)||Falcon Road Site|
|April 3rd 2019(TBC)||Falcon Road Site|
|July 10th (TBC)||Falcon Road Site|
Reasonable travel and alternative care expenses will be paid. We will support you to participate through: training and induction meetings
How do I apply?
Applications are welcomed from members of the public, including service users, potential service users and patient representatives. We value and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply if you
- are committed to championing service user interests within sexual health
- live in Wandsworth, Richmond or Merton or use sexual health services in these boroughs
- can commit to at least two of the dates and times specified to attend the service user group
How to apply?
To register your interest or ask for more information please contact Xanthe Gunn. Please be sure to let us know how you would like to be contacted.
Deadline for response is 5pm on 19th September 2018