We are a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) comprising of a clinical lead respiratory specialist, respiratory consultants, specialist respiratory physiotherapists, an occupational therapist, a psychologist and rehabilitation assistant. We work very closely with University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) as part of our larger MDT dealing with complex post-COVID patients.
We provide post-COVID assessment and rehabilitation through a self-management approach for symptoms including breathlessness, fatigue, anxiety, depression, neuromuscular weakness, reduced exercise tolerance, and brain fog.
You will receive a holistic assessment for breathing pattern disorders, psychological impact, fatigue, basic autonomic response and exercise tolerance. This assessment is to understand the impact of long covid symptoms on your everyday functions and what support may be required, to facilitate a steady recovery.
Barnet post-COVID rehabilitation will include:
- Introduction to the Living with Covid Recovery App.
- Advice and guidance on the management of your current symptoms.
- Signposting or referral to other community services if this is needed.
- Weekly online group consultations on different topics with our team.
- Monthly online peer support group led by a patient expert.
- Onwards referral to members of a multi-disciplinary team at Central London Community Hospital NHS Trust or University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH).