The Kaleidoscope service is a three pronged children’s palliative care service which helps support children and families to promote the best quality of life as possible. We provide high quality, safe, and holistic care at home.
Our specialist nurse provides expert knowledge in palliative care, symptom management and end of life care. Kaleidoscope can provide 24/7 on call nursing care at home if this is where the family wishes to be at end of life.
Our play specialist works with the affected child and siblings both pre and post bereavement to help aid understanding, give parents support with advice and strategies in fun and interactive ways.
The home care support team (HCST) provides respite care at home by highly trained and skilled nurses and carers.
Who can refer?
Professionals involved in the care of the child being referred. Specific medical evidence is needed but can be obtained from associated medical professionals.
- Phone: 020 7266 8840
- Email: Jordan.email@example.com
Children and young people aged zero to 18, we also accept pre-natal referrals where there is a life threatening / limiting diagnosis of the unborn child
Inclusion is broadly based from the ACT Charter, but also draws on other knowledge and evidence from the palliative care sector (Such as Together for Short Lives and NICE)
- Children with life-threatening conditions where cure is possible but can fail, for example cancer;
- Conditions which, though treated intensively over a period of time, inevitably lead to early death, such as cystic fibrosis;
- Progressive conditions where treatment is palliative and often over many years, for example muscular dystrophy;
- Irreversible but non-progressive conditions giving rise to severe disability and sometimes premature death.
These will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.