How you feed your baby is a personal choice and as your health visitors we are here to support you and your baby with whatever feeding choices you make. Our health visiting teams are trained in infant feeding and we are there to answer your questions and help with infant feeding at all stages.
There is lots of information out there about breast and bottle feeding and it can seem confusing. We have found a selection of helpful resources that can support you and your baby whatever feeding choices you make. We have also developed a helpful leaflet on how and when to introduce solid foods.
You can also contact our health visiting team if you have any questions or concerns about feeding your baby when they arrive.
- CLCH introducing solid foods leaflet
- PHE resource
- Breastfeeding and expressing
- Global health media films on all aspects of breastfeeding (available in different languages)
- Hand expression films
- Positioning & attachment
- Ineffective attachment
- Maximising breastmilk
- Infant formula and responsive bottle feeding
- UNICEF breastfeeding & bottle feeding guides in other languages
- How to help is your baby has Reflux