Our breastfeeding support service provides mothers with information on breastfeeding, delivered by our qualified breastfeeding support workers.
This is available at a breastfeeding group setting or via a home visit or telephone. Our service is aligned with the credible, worldwide Unicef baby friendly initiative.
No appointment is necessary. You can find your nearest group on the Breastfeeding Network. We also offer home visits to mums who find it hard to get to a group in the early days.
Both patients and refers can contact the service via the details below:
- Phone: 07815 717055
- Email: CLCHT.Breastfeedingsupport@nhs.net
- Opening hours: 9am to 5pm.
In specific circumstances home visits are available:
- Mum has had a caesarean (within six weeks) or;
- They have more than one child or;
- Mum won’t leave home for cultural & religious reasons (i.e. “40 day rest period”).